Using Big Data in the health sector
Big Data technologies improve patient care and optimize health systems.
The health sector is now facing a major transformation, due to the growing volume of health data:
- Increasing quantity of medical drugs
- Tracking patients throughout their treatment
- Research results, innovations in the field of health
- Disease evolution ...
The generated, collected and stored data of patients are now massive: Big Data technologies have become essential for a better analysis and treatment of all of these data.
The Big Data benefits in the health sector are large:
- Reduction of health costs
- Personalized medicine
- Better understanding of disease, patients treatment
- Disease prevention
A better use of all health data (patient follow-up, drugs follow-up...) contributes to improving the quality of health care, as well as improved efficiency in research and innovation drugs.